Thursday 16 February 2006

Download Southpark episodes?

Apparently there are two banned Southpark episodes in the US. One is the Bloody Mary episode mentioned below, and the other is an older episode that is now off air - the banned scientology episode.

If you are curious and have a broadband connection you can get these episodes here.

by the way, the episodes are hosted by a guy called Pirro who is an indie filmmaker. Apparently he has a small but dedicated fan base in the US. I watched one of his movies last night. Well, half of one before I turned it off in favour of a cool new book by Chuck Palahnuik (Haunted.) And the reason I turned it off isn't that the book is so good (which it is) but because this movie - Rectuma - is so crap.*

I usually like low budget films but this, even with some good ideas and jokes, is just hard to watch. Bad light, bad sound, questionable acting of the "not funny" type... Let me save you 40 minutes (you wont make 100 minutes) by warning you - don't watch this.

Instead go hire yourself "Evil Aliens" - very funny and up there with "Undead" as a modern low-fi classic. Or be watching TV's Garth Marenghi's Darkplace.


* Pun not intended but now that I noticed it I'll also say that Rectuma is shitty. Sorry independent filmakers.

No comments: