Monday 22 August 2005

pee in the sink

Sometimes you just have to pee in the sink - Charles Bukowski

God how I love that Monday morning daze….
I was in such a state this morning; I jumped on the wrong train and ended up on my way to Hornsby instead of Parramatta. Both are hardly desirable destinations, quite frankly. If only I was working in the city again……

A weekend should always be best defined by overindulgence, don't you think?

Speaking of Bukowski, I bought the new documentary (Born Into This) about him on Saturday - it's really rather tops. There's lots of readings by him on it - always sounds better when you hear a writer reading his own work. The special features section also includes a short home movie filmed by his wife 2 years before he died (this has never before been released). It's quite amazing to see him as a real person instead of the almost caricature of himself, which I think he became. I especially liked the image of him sitting reading a page from his journal wearing a Bukowski fan t-shirt.




No comments: