Tuesday 5 September 2006

You want fries with that?

Sorry, I meant chips.

I was reading an article in today's Sydney Morning Herald, which began with the opening line that the Hamburglar could wind up in a New York city jail (gaol).

The Department of Correction is serving up a plan to put a fast-food restaurant in New York City's Rikers Island jail system, giving thousands of workers there greater meal options. Currently, the jail guards eat the same food as the crims.... There was no word on whether the jail guards, who get one free meal a day, would have to pay for the fast food or how many cigarettes it might cost them.

I did a search for images for the Hamburglar and came up with this:














Er, not exactly what I was expecting.

But I like the thoughtful use of the crash helmet. This is a guy who is obviously serious about his hamburgers. Now I wonder if he's remembered to put beetroot on it.

Speaking of things necessary to add to a burger, my friend Bernie is renowned for adding gerkins (pickle) to his home made hamburgers just do he can remove them before eating - he's often even gone so far as to throw the gerkin against the window in his own home. Gotta love a dill....

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

If you want to see the original hamburglar have a look here or here