Monday 10 October 2005

Flip you, you melon farmer

Meet Otto. He's a clean-cut kid in a dirty business. He's a Repo Man. He steals cars legally. Now, he's out to repossess a '64 Chevy Malibu...with an amazing reward of $20,000. But Otto is not alone. There are others who want the car and will do anything to get it. The risks are great, because hidden in the trunk is something so incredible it could destroy them all. We'll give you a hint... it glows in the dark.

You have to love Repo Man. I watched it again last night and was reminded of why it's one of my all time favourite movies. The cast are all very indie cool, the plot is one of the weirdest conceived and it's pace and story is just as fine.

Don't want to talk about anything else. We don't want to know. We're just dedicated...to our favourite shows. Saturday night live! Monday night football! Dallas! Jeffersons! Gilligan's island! Flintstones!

7 comments:

GrandmasterMellyMel said...

You love Repo Man so much? Vote for it on the ABC's Fav Film site.

http://www.abc.net.au/myfavouritefilm/

I'm having a tough time deciding what my all-time favourite film is.... I can't even decide on a genre!

But I'm thinking, as far as old(ish) quirky films go, I still really love The Chase, with Rollins and Charlie Sheen. But not nearly enough to call it my favourite.

Craig said...

What about Paris Texas? After all - Harry Dean IS the man... or is he THE man? Now wait, he's the MAN! Nah. He IS the man.

GrandmasterMellyMel said...

Hmm, I was gonna say Paris Texas (ah, the beauty of Wim Wender's direction and Ry Cooder's soundtrack), especially after I saw the picture of HDS. But then I'd also have to consider Citizen Kane, Purple Rose of Cairo, and Rebecca, and Dr Strangelove, which are my other all time favs. Oh, and Apocolypse Now. And Scar Face (in this country, first you gotta get the money. when you get the money, then you get the power. when you get the power, then you get the women). Oh, damnit, and Dead Man. See what I mean.....

GrandmasterMellyMel said...

I can derelict my balls, capitan

GrandmasterMellyMel said...

Oops, that was meant to be YOU can derelict my balls.........

Anonymous said...

Nigga PLEASE!! Y'all know the soundtrack/editing for the cinema known as "Vista Valley PTA" was as good as it gets!! Props to Mike Nessmith(sic), former "Monkey" for casting Circle Jerks as house band in bar scene of "Repo".

bradster b rad etc said...

warriors come out and pl a ay .... warriors come out and pl a ay
was it joe walsh on that one hey boppers
but really folks Lawrence of that place somewhere in da desert ... hand's down you can enjoy your quirky little cool jo movies ... but this is and always will be the ducks guts