Friday 13 January 2006

I hate myself

I hate myself and want to die; the 52 most depressing songs you've ever heard.

I bought this book for myself a few weeks before Christmas as a light read while I was travelling around the country visiting relatives. Unfortunately I read it cover to cover the next day. And laughed out loud several times. Tom has the dry wit of a bitter queen and his musical knowledge seems to be deeper than deep. The book is a hoot, the songs are all guaranteed classics that you'll want to listen to at least once if you don't already have it scarred into your once innocent brain (and then after one listen you'll promptly delete them from your i-pod.)

In fact some of these songs could be responsible for the current US and UK foreign policy problems. You be the judge.

I leave you with som smart arse comments form Tom himself and a link to an article he wrote about Lawyers.

A few who've read the book have said that I'll burn in hell for what I wrote. But then again, after listening to 30 different covers of "Send in the Clowns," including Grace Jones' disco version, all I can say is "been there, done that."

No comments: